Lessons learned in this account:
How does this account point to the truthfulness of the Gospel accounts?
- Same story across all 4 accounts yet with different details.
- The differences between the accounts adds details and helps to see it as a true story.
- The story does not coverup the weaknesses of the leadership.
- The story claims there were many prominent people involved in the trial who could be verified. (Reference to the high priest, name of the slave, Malchus, and his relative.)
How might this account help you in your walk?
- Be listening for God’s call to ministry
- Be prepared for personal sacrifices
- Be willing to repent if you act like Peter
- Forgive others who act like Peter
- Know of God’s grace and mercy when you sin
Download Files Notes
Sermon Topics: Books of the NT